The deadline for applications is today!
Please go online for your own local authority and fill in the form online. Did you know….
* Put as many choices as possible on the form. Don’t just put one! If you don’t, you risk being given a school which is far away from where you live if you don’t get your first choice.
* If your child is summer born, you can apply to have their entry deferred or offset. This needs to be done via admissions, once a place has been allocated.
* If you are waiting for a place in a special school, please also complete a mainstream application as a back up. If not, the authority could consult with the nearest mainstream schools to you, without asking your preference.
* If your child has an EHCP, make sure you tell them this on the online form. This will usually help your child to be a top priority in terms of admissions.
* If there is an EHCNA request being processed for your child, put on the form that an EHCNA has been requested. It may help your child’s case….
Concerned that your child may not be school ready? Get in touch- there is lots of time to prepare your child, if you can get the help they need NOW ! firstname.lastname@example.org or 07746 756871.
#thechildsperspective #children #childdevelopment #childbehaviour #parentssupport #parentingadvice #childdevelopmentspecialist #childdevelopment #PrimaryAdmissions #primaryschool #primaryplaces
It’s transition time already! Is your child visiting their new class, teacher or school this week?
Most children are exceptionally resilient. It’s us adults who worry for them! Try to help them through this exciting but challenging time by being as open and supportive as possible with your child.
They may be worried about an issue that hadn’t even occurred to you!
I am currently involved in transition meetings every day-supporting children and families to make the transition to school. I hope I can help your child and your family.
<a href=”https://www.freepik.com/free-ai-image/caucasian-african-children-learn-friendship-success-generated-by-ai_42131198.htm#query=child%20in%20classroom&position=19&from_view=search&track=ais”>Image By vecstock</a>
Will my child cope at school? Since the announcement of school places in April, many parents are concerned that their child won’t cope or is not ready.
Did you know that if your child is summer born, you can apply to delay their start into Reception? This needs to be done after you have been offered a school place and in agreement with the local authority, via admissions. This is your decision entirely-not anyone else’s.
Children do not legally have to start school until they are of statutory school age (the term after their fifth birthday).
Have a look at this…https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/summer-born-children-school-admission/summer-born-children-starting-school-advice-for-parents
Don’t forget-if you are worried about your child in any way-emotionally, developmentally or educationally, give me a call. We can chat your worries through for ten minutes-for free!
And breathe…….here to support you and your child, if you are concerned about how they are coping at school.
Some children become so much more relaxed, when they are not attending school.
Need bespoke advice about your child from an Early Years Teacher and qualified SENCo?
Give me a call and we can have a chat on 07746756871 or email me at email@example.com.