Open post


Parents often ask me why everything takes so long.
Referrals to Counsellors, Paediatricians, Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologists and CAMHS all lose valuable time for your child when you think they need help NOW!

If this is your (primary or nursery aged) child, please give me a call or drop me an email.
I can give you lots of ideas and suggestions to support your child whilst they are waiting for further assessment. Initial 10 minute chat completely free! No obligation whatsoever. Check me out here first

Now I will be waiting to hear from YOU! or 07746 756871.

#thechildsperspective #children #childdevelopment #childbehaviour #parentssupport #parentingadvice #childdevelopmentspecialist #childdevelopment #waitinglists

Open post

Happy New Year to all my lovely families!

Have you spent the holiday worrying about your child’s development?
Do you think you know what the issue is but want to chat it through with someone?
Please email me. I am sure I can help.
Make it your new year’s resolution to help your child get the help that they need.
Open post

Would you like to understand and help your child?

Would you like to understand and help your child? Do you need advice from someone who has expert knowledge in what your child needs to support their well-being, development or behaviour?
I will spend time talking to you first and will find out all about your child. I will then write a comprehensive and bespoke report specifically tailored to the needs of your child, with comprehensive suggestions and recommendations of ways to get them to a better place.
Many parents access my service whilst waiting-for a diagnosis, Speech and Language Therapy or CAMHS referral. I am a qualified SENCo and experienced Specialist Teacher, so what have you got to lose?
Call me for a chat first-I would love to help your child!
07746756871 or email me at
Image by Drazen Zigic on Freepik
Open post

Will my child ever speak?

Will my child ever speak? I am asked this question several times a week. If your child is not developing language yet, the first thing to do is ask your health visitor or GP to refer them to speech and language therapy. When you are there, also ask them to arrange a hearing test for your child, just to rule out any potential hearing issues.
The first thing to work on with any child is their attention. Can you find activities to help them share their attention with you? Blowing bubbles? Singing songs? Playing tickling and chasing games? Playing peek-a-boo?
Please give me a call to chat through your child’s language delay-we can make a plan of action together!
Open post

Does my child have anxiety?

Does my child have anxiety? Is this something you ask yourself? With all children, it’s important to listen to what they are telling you and not to respond with “It doesn’t matter” or “Try not to worry.”
Have you thought about developing a ‘Worry Box?’ where they can write or have help to write their worries down. Then post them in the box and let the child empty the box into the bin, regularly.
Check out this helpful article too…
Open post

Do you think that your child may be autistic?

Do you think that your child may be autistic?
Don’t know where to start, in order to get help?
The best place to start is by asking your GP or Health Visitor to refer your child to the Community Paediatrician. Whilst you are there, also ask for a referral to Speech and Language Therapy. Our poor NHS colleagues are overwhelmed since COVID, but they are well worth the wait.
In the meantime, check out this fabulous clip called ‘Amazing Things Happen.’  
Whilst you are waiting to be seen, please give me a call- I can help you with strategies to keep your child ‘ticking over’ until they get seen. 07746756871 or email me at
Open post

Lockdowns linked to 1000% rise in child sex imagery

Know what your child is watching, on the internet? This BBC article suggests a 1000% rise in child sex imagery linked to lockdowns. It’s worth checking your security settings, for sure…..
Need bespoke advice about your child from an Early Years Teacher and qualified SENCo?
Give me a call and we can have a chat on 07746756871 or email me at
Open post

New Year, New Start!

First five parents to contact me can receive their report at half price!
Now that the Christmas holidays are over, many parents find that having spent more time with their child makes their difficulties become more obvious. Do you have a child under 11 years? Are you worried about their behaviour or development? Need advice about how to help them and who to turn to next?
I am a qualified Teacher and SENCo, with 28 years experience in helping children and their families, to get the help they need.
I can help with any of the following issues with your child:
– Behaviour issues
– Child mental health including anxiety
– Special Educational Needs
– Legislation regarding children with special educational needs
– Developmental delays
– Learning disability
– Parenting
– Problems accessing support for your child
I will spend 10 minutes having an initial discussion over the phone. I will then arrange a video call to discuss the issues around your child.
I will then write a bespoke report, specifically tailored to the needs of your child. This will include offering recommendations as well as signposting you to other professionals who may be able to help.
Please view my website below for further information:
Call now! I can’t wait to help you and your child.

Posts navigation

1 2
Scroll to top